Who Can Join?
- MIT alumni/alumnae
- Spouses of MIT alumni/alumnae
- MIT students, faculty, staff and affiliates
- Parents of current MIT students
- NOTE: For a Non-Alumnus - Set up an infinite Connection (IC) account by creating an IC Lite Account. Once you have it you can join. To Create IC Light Account:
- Create an IC Account by filling out the following form here.
- Once you have an IC Account, to http://alum.mit.edu and click on My Account at the top
- You will then see Community Preferences under Account Information and click on Communities
- Add yourself to the Boston Sub-community by selecting the check box next to Club of Boston
- Submit at the bottom of the page
- Log out of IC
- Sign up for MITCOB membership at the Join or Renew link above, login (using IC Light account username/pswd) and sign up
How do I know if my membership is current?
- Make sure you are logged in (link in the top left corner).
Click the button at the bottom of this page to bring up the membership form.
It will say "(current member)" next to a category if your membership is current.
- Use your Infinite Connection username and password.
- If you are not on the Infinite Connection, register at alum.mit.edu.
- If your address has not been updated in a while, you may need to select "MIT Club of Boston" in your list of Communities.
- If you are not a current member, you can pay your dues (if applicable) and your membership will remain current for one year starting today.
- If you are a current member and you renew today, your membership will remain active for one year after your current membership expires.
Why become a member?
The MIT Club of Boston is an independent, non-profit,
member-supported, volunteer-run organization for MIT alumni, alumnae,
students, affiliates and families living in the Boston area. By becoming a member, you make it possible for us to communicate with
you about news and events that are of interest to the
MIT community in this area.
Your member support allows us to to offer a range of programs that
serve the MIT community and the community at large, including:
- Social and networking events
- Professional development seminars and workshops
- Community service programs
Additional funding raised through club membership dues is contributed
to the MIT Club of Boston Endowed Scholarship Fund.
Event Discounts and Advance Registration
MIT Club of Boston members get discounts on all ticketed club events, including the Boston Seminar Series, professional development workshops, events and outings (see currently listed events). For some signature club events, members are also entitled to advance registration and/or opportunities for early-bird pricing.
Discounted DAPER Membership
Membership in the Club of Boston earns you $50 off an annual membership and $25 off a 6-month membership to use MIT's Athletic Facilities on campus, including the Zesiger Center, Alumni Pool and Johnson Skating Rink.
The Club of Boston fields teams to compete in on-campus Intramural Sports. Participation is limited to MIT Club of Boston Members.
Student Art Association Discount
Club of Boston members receive a 10% discount on all classes offered through the Student Art Association.
Discount on Zipcar Membership
Club of Boston members get $25 off annual membership and no sign-up fees when they register for Zipcar car-sharing service.
Reciprocal Club Benefits
Club of Boston members currently have reciprocal membership privileges with the following other organizations:
- AMITA (Association of MIT Alumnae)
- MIT Club of New Hampshire
- Boston Ivy+ Alliance